Sacramento, Calif. –Lynn University's cross country team took a select group of runners from both the women's and men's teams to compete in the NCAA's Pre-Nationals race on Saturday morning.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: Haggin Oaks Golf Course | Sacramento, Calif.
Race Length: (M) 8k – 4.97 miles, (W) 6k – 3.73 miles
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Bryan Ryder led the Fighting Knight men with a time of 26:00.3 and Julian Yescas, Lynn's second finisher, came in on the heels of Ryder, crossing the line in 26:21.2.
- Joshua Skielnik (26:26.3), Eric Silva (26:26.9) and Hunter Dobbs (26:56.1) rounded out the Blue and White's five competitors in the men's race.
- Freshman Hannah Bruckmayer's 23:31.8 was Lynn's top performance in the women's race.
- Taryn Super and Chase Yoder finished second and third among their teammates with times of 24:11.0 and 24:13.8, respectively.
- Ally Jones (24:13.8) and Payton Yoder (24:49.0) crossed the finish line a short time later.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- This was the first-ever NCAA Pre-Nationals for Lynn cross country, an event which featured over 70 NCAA programs.
- The race is intended to be a preview of the National Championship event, which will be ran on the same course on Nov. 23.
- This was the first time this season that Lynn's women's team has ran a 6k as most regular season meets are 5ks.
- Super and C. Yoder finished back-to-back at spots 279 and 280.
Lynn will have next weekend off before traveling to Charlotte, N.C. for its final regular season event, taking on the Royal Challenge, hosted by Queens University, on Friday, Oct. 11 at 4 p.m.