Charlotte, N.C. – Lynn University men's cross country's Hunter Dobbs claimed the top finish among the Fighting Knights' group of competitors at the highly-touted Royals XC Challenge on Friday night.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: McAlpine Creek Park | Charlotte, N.C.
Race Length: 8k – 4.97 miles
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Dobbs cracked the top-100 in one of his first races this season, crossing the line with a time of 25:46.6, securing 90th place.
- Eric Silva was right on Dobbs' heels, posting a mark of 25:55.3 to make up Lynn's top-two.
- Bryan Ryder and Julian Yescas also delivered solid performances for the Fighting Knights, completing the 8k in 26:12.2 and 26:47.6, respectively.
- Josh Skielnik, Justin Bridgewater, Alex Miranda, John Ross Donnes and Joseph Anderson rounded out the Blue and White's nine competitors on the men's side.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- Lynn came in one spot behind last season's 17th place finish.
- Silva's time was a personal-best for the sophomore who has finished in the top-four in each of the Blue and White's four races this season.
Lynn now prepares for the highly-anticipated SSC Championships on Oct. 26, of which the Blue and White will host, for the first time in program history, at South County Regional Park in Boca Raton. Live results and stream will be available via www.lynnfightingknights.com.