BOCA RATON, Fla. – Hosting for the first time in school history, Lynn University's men cross country team finished seventh, led by a 19th place finish from Eric Silva, at the 2019 Sunshine State Conference (SSC) Championships on Saturday morning.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: South County Regional Park | Boca Raton, Fla.
Race Length: 8k – 4.97 miles
Finish: 7th out of nine teams
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Silva cracked the top-20 as the Blue and White's top performer, crossing the line in 26:58.4 to secure 19th.
- Hunter Dobbs was just 40 seconds behind Silva to take second among the Lynn contingent with a mark of 27:38.4 (30th).
- Bryan Ryder completed Lynn's top-trio with a time of 27:48.7, right behind his teammate Dobbs.
- Joshua Skielnik and Julian Yescas rounded out the Fighting Knights' top-5, finishing in 27:58.6 and 28:01, respectively.
- Justin Bridgewater, Alex Miranda, John Ross Donnes, Joseph Anderson and Moise Cook also ran for the Blue and White men.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- Significant rainfall, during the night and morning before the race, slowed down the course.
- Saint Leo took home the men's title with the 2018 Champion Embry-Riddle finishing second.
- SLU's Shane Bracken was crowned individual champion with a time of 25:25.6.
- SLU, Embry-Riddle and Florida Southern finished 1-2-3 in the team standings.
Both squads will head to Holloway Park in Lakeland, Fla. for the NCAA South Regional, hosted by SSC-institution Florida Southern, on Nov. 9 at 8 a.m.