Daytona Beach, Fla. – The pent up aggression following two close losses was released in a 10-run, 19-hit barrage against Embry-Riddle in the series finale. Seven starters recorded multiple hits led by Geena Capitini who went 4-for-4 at the plate.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 10, Embry-Riddle 5
Records: Lynn (13-23-1), Embry-Riddle (27-9)
Location: ERU Softball Stadium | Daytona Beach, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn trails 2-4 (Last played 2015)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Amanda Casillas and Hannah Tauscher gave Lynn a 2-0 lead after the first inning with a RBI single and sacrifice fly.
- Capitini brought home the team's third run with a bases loaded single up the middle before an Eagles error allowed the Fighting Knights to go ahead 4-0 in the second.
- Manya Lopez added the team's fifth run when she opened the third inning with a solo bomb to left field.
- The Blue & White plated five runs in the fourth on four hits. A bases loaded walk brought home run No. 6 and Madison White tallied a RBI base knock a batter later.
- Lynn's eighth run came off Kaitlin Conrad's sac fly to deep right field and the final runs scored off a Francais Olexa two-run double off the center field wall.
- Embry-Riddle staved off a run-rule with a three-run home run in the bottom of the fourth and tacked on runs in the sixth and seventh innings to end the game 10-5.
STATS FROM THE GAME:
- Rachel Lightner (2-3) fanned five batters, walked four and allowed five runs on 10 hits over seven complete innings.
- Eight batters collected at least one hit, seven logged multiple hits, three posted at least three hits and one belted four hits.
- Olexa and Victoria Rios went 3-for-5 apiece with a combined two RBI and three runs scored.
- Leanne Wright, Casillas, Tauscher and White each were 2-for-4 at the plate.
- Eagles starter Kassidy Simons allowed five runs, with two strikeouts, on eight hits over two innings before being replaced by Raquellis Bianco in the third.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Every Fighting Knight starter contributed to at least one run.
- Lynn's 19 hits are the most since recording 26 against Lees-McRae on March 30, 2010.
- The Fighting Knights' 10 runs are a season-high
- Lightner's five K's matched a career and team season-high.
- Hannah Tauscher is currently on a five-game hitting streak where she is batting .467 (7-for-15).
- Capitini's four-hit performance was the third time a Fighting Knight had four hits in a game this season. Sara Vazquez has done it twice.
The Fighting Knights begin a three-game Sunshine State Conference series with Rollins on Saturday, April 9, at 3 p.m. at the Lynn Softball Field. Fans can watch the game live at LynnFightingKnights.com.