Melbourne, Fla. - A two-run second inning was all the offense provided in a 2-0 Lynn University softball loss to Florida Tech in a rain and lightning filled Friday afternoon.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Florida Tech 2, Lynn 0
Records: Florida Tech (37-15, 15-7 SSC); Lynn (13-27-1, 2-13-1 SSC)
Location: Nancy Bottage Field | Melbourne, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn trails 22-42 (Last played Jan. 29, 2016)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Florida Tech notched all of its runs and hits in the second inning. The Panthers opened with a solo home run from Hailey Leonard and later Karina Suicava singled home run No. 2.
- After collecting four hits in the second, Francais Olexa held FIT hitless the remainder of the game.
- The Fighting Knights had an opportunity to get on the scoreboard in the fifth with runners on second and third and one out but Panthers' starter Rachel Pence fanned the next two batters to keep the shutout.
STATS FROM THE GAME:
- Francais Olexa allowed two earned runs on four hits with four walks and a strikeout.
- Rachel Pence fanned 10 batters in seven innings with two hits allowed.
- Geena went 2-for-3 at the plate.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Olexa allowed the second-fewest hits in a game this season.
- She has also completed all 18 starts she has made this season.
- Capitini was the only player from either school to record multiple hits.
- Lynn is now 2-14-1 this year in games decided by two runs or less.
Lynn concludes its three-game series with Florida Tech with a doubleheader beginning at 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 16. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.