Miami Shores, Fla. - Lynn University's softball team jumped out to a two-run lead but a pair of home runs helped Barry University claim a 4-2 victory in the series opener.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Barry 4, Lynn 2
Records: Barry (23-17, 15-7 SSC); Lynn (15-31-1, 6-16-1 SSC)
Location: Buccaneer Field | Miami Shores, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn trails 12-48 (Last played in 2015)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Hannah Tauscher led off the game with a single and came around to score later in the inning on an error by the Buccaneer's shortstop.
- A third error by Barry's infield loaded the bases and Sara Vazquez drove in the Fighting Knights second run of the game in the third inning.
- A leadoff home run from Dee Espinosa cut Lynn's deficit in half in the fourth while Barry tagged on three more runs, all with two outs, in the fifth to pull ahead 4-2.
STATS FROM THE GAME:
- Tauscher went 3-for-4 at the plate, scoring two runs.
- Vazquez was 1-for-4 with a RBI.
- Francais Olexa (6-17) allowed four runs on four hits with two strikeouts and six walks.
- Anieliese Palmeiro (11-5) surrendered four hits and allowed two runs with six Ks and three walks.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Tauscher recorded her second consecutive three hit outing and his hit safely in four consecutive games (8-for-13).
- Olexa collected her 19th complete game of the season.
The Fighting Knights conclude their season with a doubleheader against Barry on Saturday, April 30, beginning at 1 pm. Fans can keep up with the action at LynnFightingKnights.com.