Winter Park, Fla. – Lynn University's softball team could not hold on to an early lead, falling 13-5 to Rollins College in the series finale on Friday afternoon. The Fighting Knights dropped two out of three games in the series.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Rollins 13, Lynn 5
Records: Rollins (26-21, 8-10 SSC), Lynn (24-18, 10-8 SSC)
Location: Martin Luther King, Jr. Park | Winter Park, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails 14-48 all-time (last played in 2016)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Six of Lynn's seven hits came from Karolina Flores, Shayle Arenson and Elizabeth Diaz.
- Flores went 2-for-2 with a RBI and two runs scored, Arenson was 2-for-3 with three runs batted in and Diaz had a 2-for-3 performance with a run scored.
- The Fighting Knights had a tough outing in the circle, allowing 13 runs on 11 hits.
- Francais Olexa surrendered six runs on five hits with five strikeouts.
- Katelyn Key and Kayla Sheffield each allowed three hits with seven runs.
- Rollins pitcher Grace Street earned the win in the circle and helped her own cause with a grand slam and eight RBI.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Arenson recorded her fifth multi-hit game of the year and extended her hitting streak to six games.
- Flores collected her third consecutive multi-hit game and went 6-for-10 with four RBI in the series.
- Lynn's pitching staff entered the series having served up only four home runs but surrendered five home runs in three games to the Tars.
The Fighting Knights are back in action on Friday, Apr. 21, at 3 p.m. when they begin a three-game series against Florida Tech at the Lynn Softball Field. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.