Miami Shores, Fla. – Lynn University's softball team grabbed an early lead but surrendered three home runs, two late in the game, to fall 8-7 at Barry University on Friday night. Karolina Flores launched her fifth home run of the year while Victoria Rios drove in two run.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Barry 8, Lynn 7
Records: Barry (4-10, 1-3 SSC); Lynn (10-6, 2-2 SSC)
Location: Buccaneer Field | Miami Shores, Fla.
All-time Series: Barry leads the series, 50-17
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Shayle Arenson and Karolina Flores each went 2-for-4 on the night. Arenson notched an RBI and two runs while Flores drove in two and smacked her fifth home run of the season.
- Victoria Rios also drove in two runs, going 1-for-3 with two runs and two RBI.
- Kayla Sheffield and Mackenzie Wyatt also drove in runs.
- Francais Olexa had an off-night in the circle, surrendering six runs, five earned, on eight hits, while allowing three home runs.
- Sheffield (2-3) took the loss after allowing two runs on three hits in one inning of relief work.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Flores surpassed her home run total from a year ago.
- Arenson's 12 RBIs this year is a career-high, besting her total from last year.
- This is the first time since Mar. 25, 2016 that Olexa has surrendered three home runs in a single outing.
Lynn closes out its series with the Buccaneers with a doubleheader on Saturday, Feb. 24, beginning at 1 p.m. Fans can keep up with the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.