Clermont, Fla. – It was a mixed day for Lynn University softball as the team hit four extra base hits in a 4-2 victory over Urbana but fell 9-1 to West Virgina-Wesleyan. Karolina Flores and Victoria Rios each smacked two-run home runs while Allyson Jameston tossed a complete game.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Score: Game 1 – Lynn 4, Urbana 2; Game 2 – W. Va. Wesleyan 9, Lynn 1
Records: Lynn (14-9), Urbana (2-8), W. Va. Wesleyan (2-3)
Location: Legends Field | Clermont, Fla.
Series History: First meeting vs. Urbana…Lynn trails 3-0 vs W.Va. Wesleyan (last met in 2013)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Game 1
- Karolina Flores went 2-for-3, including a two-run home run as part of a four-run third inning.
- Rios was 1-for-3 and knocked in the other half of Lynn's four runs with a two-run jack.
- Jameston scattered seven hits over seven innings, walking one and striking out two batters.
- Kayla Sheffield and Shayle Arenson each connected on doubles while Mackenzie Wyatt, Erin Sundook and Jameston added to Lynn's eight hits.
- All four runs came after an error from shortstop Mykee Holtz would have ended the inning. Holtz was 3-for-3 at the plate for Urbana.
- Game 2
- Arenson was one of the few bright spots in the game, going 2-for-2 with a run scored.
- Flores went 1-for-3 with a double.
- Sheffield and Olivia Saviskas combined for 4.1 innings, allowing nine runs with four walks and two Ks.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Flores smacked her conference leading sixth home run while her 18 RBIs are second.
- Sheffield's 10th double also leads the conference. Arenson's eighth two-bagger is tied for second in the league.
- Rios now has 15 career home runs, 10th most in program history and five back of the top-five.
Lynn is back in action on Tuesday when it battles Mo.-St. Louis at 9 a.m. and St. Cloud State at 1 p.m. Fans can keep up with live stats at LynnFightingKnights.com.