Tampa, Fla. – Lynn University's softball team was on the wrong side of a tightly contested pitcher's duel as the University of Tampa prevailed 1-0 in the Sunshine State Conference series opener on Friday night. Francais Olexa tossed a complete game and logged the only hits for the Fighting Knights.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Tampa 1, Lynn 0
Records: Tampa (15-9, 6-4 SSC); Lynn (15-11, 5-5 SSC)
Location: Naimoli Family Stadium | Tampa, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn trails 48-15 all-time (lost two of three in 2016)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- The only scoring in the contest came in the first inning. Lynn had a chance with a leadoff double but stranded Olexa on base. Tampa used a double and then an RBI infield single to score the lone run.
- Olexa went 2-for-2 at the place and a walk.
- In the circle the senior southpaw (5-3) allowed just four hits over six innings with a walk and two strikeouts.
- Her counterpart, Makaleight Dooley claimed her SSC leading 13th victory, surrendering two hits with a walk and nine Ks.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Olexa collected her team-leading eighth multi-hit game of the year.
- She moves to 2-4 in 1-0 games.
The Fighting Knights close out their series with the Spartans with a doubleheader beginning at 1 p.m. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.