Daytona Beach, Fla. – Lynn University's softball dropped the final game of the series at Embry-Riddle, 6-4, on Sunday afternoon. Elizabeth Diaz went 2-for-4 with a home run and four runs batted in.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Embry-Riddle 6, Lynn 4
Records: Lynn (22-22, 10-14 SSC), Embry-Riddle (30-12, 18-9 SSC)
Location: ERAU Softball Stadium | Daytona Beach, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails 10-3 all-time (Embry-Riddle took two out of three in 2017)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Diaz started the Lynn rally in the top of the seventh, belting a grand slam with one out.
- Francais Olexa went 1-for-2 with a run, two stolen bases and was hit twice.
- Kayla Sheffield (3-8) took the loss in the circle after allowing five runs, three earned, on seven hits over 3.2 innings of work.
- Olexa came on in relief and surrendered one run on three hits in 2.1 frames.
- Seven of Embry-Riddle's nine starters logged hits with Mackie Chandler, Katy Thompson and Destiny Carroll logging multi-hit outings.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Diaz's grand slam was the second of her career.
- With the four RBI, Diaz moved into a tie for seventh in the Sunshine State Conference in that category.
- Olexa's 13 HBP is tied for second in the SSC and is the third-most in program history for a single season.
- Lynn has 25 home runs on the season, the most in the SSC.
Lynn welcomes Rollins College for a three-game series beginning on Friday, April 20, at 3 p.m. in the final home series of the season. The Fighting Knights will honor their seniors on Saturday, April 21. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.