Melbourne, Fla. – The Lynn University softball season came to an end following a 7-1 loss to Florida Tech on Friday afternoon. The Fighting Knights end the year 25-25 overall to finish with a .500 record in back-to-back seasons for the first time since 2003-04.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Florida Tech 7, Lynn 1
Records: Lynn (25-25, 13-17 SSC), Florida Tech (32-21, 16-14 SSC)
Location: Nancy Bottage Field | Melbourne, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails 24-46 all-time (last played in 2016)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- After a hitless doubleheader the previous day, Elizabeth Diaz accounted for both of the Fighting Knights' hits in the finale, clubbing her seventh home run of the year while also smacking a double for a 2-for-3 performance.
- Kayla Sheffield (4-9) took the loss in the circle, allowing six runs on nine hits in 3.1 innings of work.
- Olivia Saviskas surrendered one run on two hits with a pair of strikeouts in 1.2 relief innings while senior Francais Olexa tossed a scoreless sixth inning in her final collegiate appearance.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Despite going 0-for-3 at the plate, Olexa ends the season with the highest on-base percentage for a single season in program history (.505).
- Four Fighting Knights (Victoria Rios, Kayla Sheffield, Diaz and Karolina Flores) are in the top-five of the SSC in home runs.
- Diaz is tied for third in the league with 32 runs batted in.
The Fighting Knights regular season has come to an end. Lynn loses five seniors, including Olexa, SSC home run leader Rios, Rachel Lightner, Taylor Steczo and Erin Sundook but returns 11 letterwinners. For more information check out LynnFightingKnights.com.