West Palm Beach, Fla. - Lynn University's softball team fell 8-1 in its Sunshine State Conference series opener against Palm Beach Atlantic on Friday evening. Shayle Arenson posted both hits and scored a run for the Fighting Knights.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Scores: Palm Beach Atlantic 8, Lynn 1
Records: Lynn (14-21, 4-9 SSC), PBA (20-14, 8-5 SSC)
Location: Simpson Field | West Palm Beach, Fla.
All-time Series: PBA leads 40-29
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- The Sailfish plated runs in each of the first four innings while the Blue and White scored its lone run in the top of the third.
- Arenson went 2-for-4 with a double and run scored.
- Kayla Sheffield (7-10) went the distance in the circle, allowing eight runs, seven earned, on 10 hits while fanning four and walking two in six innings.
- Abbey Busby (16-6) threw four innings and allowed one unearned run and Taylor Pennica collected the save on three scoreless frames.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Sheffield collected her 11th complete game of the season.
- Arenson logged her ninth double, which leads the team and ties her for fifth in the SSC.
- Sheffield surrendered her first home run of the season.
Lynn closes out its series with Palm Beach Atlantic with a 1 p.m. doubleheader on Saturday, March 23. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.