BOCA RATON, Fla. - Lynn University's softball team lost 2-1 to Saint Leo in a contest that spanned nearly three hours over 10 innings. Allyson Jameston went the distance in defeat.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Saint Leo 2, Lynn 1 (10 innings)
Records: Lynn (15-23, 5-11 SSC), Saint Leo (23-23, 12-7 SSC)
Location: Lynn Softball Field | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails 54-12 (lost two out of three in 2018)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Jameston (4-10), scattered six hits over 10 frames with two runs allowed, one earned, with three walks and four strikeouts.
- Saint Leo threw two pitchers. Starter Auria Mounts lasted 5.2 innings, striking out six while allowing one run on four hits. Sadi Avants (6-1) tossed 4.1 scoreless innings, fanning four with one hit.
- The Lions grabbed the 1-0 lead in the third with a one-out single by Kacie Kelly. Lynn, though, cut down any Saint Leo momentum with a wild double play in which Sophia Devesa caught one runner in a pickle. After getting the out, Makayla Caballero threw out Kelly looking to go from first to third.
- Kayla Sheffield connected on a RBI double to score Shayle Arenson, knotting the game at 1-1 in the sixth.
- Saint Leo scored the winning run on a passed ball in the 10th.
- Britney Purser was 2-for-4. Arenson, Sheffield and Shannon Johnson also recorded hits for the Fighting Knights.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Jameston has thrown two complete games of 10 innings or more this season.
- This is the 48th game at the NCAA DII level that has gone 10 or more innings.
- This is Jameston's career-best ninth complete game of the year.
- Purser tallied multiple hits in consecutive games for the first time in her career.
- Arenson is tied for third in the Sunshine State Conference with 10 doubles.
Lynn closes out its SSC series against Saint Leo with a 1 p.m. doubleheader. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.