Winter Park, Fla. - Lynn University's 2019 softball season came to an end following its doubleheader loss, 7-0 and 2-1, to Rollins on Saturday afternoon. Kayla Sheffield smacked her fifth home run of the year to close out the series with a hit in every game.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Game 1 – Rollins 7, Lynn 0; Game 2 – Rollins 2, Lynn 1
Records: Lynn (16-36, 6-24 SSC), Rollins (38-11, 20-10 SSC)
Location: MLK Jr. Park | Winter Park, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails 52-16 all-time (Lynn won two out of three in 2018)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Game 1
- Rollins did most of its damage towards the end of the game, netting two runs in the fourth, three in the fifth and two in the sixth.
- The Fighting Knights got hits from Shayle Arenson, Kayla Sheffield and Britney Purser.
- Sheffield started in the circle but was relieved by Allyson Jameston after 4.1 innings, allowing five runs, four earned, with one strikeout.
- Jameston surrendered two runs on four hits with two Ks over the final 1.2 frames.
- Game 2
- Olivia Saviskas went the distance in game two, striking out three and allowing only two runs on three hits.
- The lone mistake from Saviskas came in the first inning as the Tars hit a two-run home run.
- Sheffield cut the deficit in half in the fifth, smacking a solo home run herself.
- Lynn out hit Rollins 7-3.
- Sheffield was 2-for-2 with a walk, run and RBI.
- Sophia Devesa joined Sheffield with a multi-hit outing, going 2-for-4.
- Arenson, Purser and Shannon Johnson also logged hits.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Sheffield had hits in every game of the series, going 5-for-7 with a HR and two RBIs.
- Her home run was her team-leading fifth of the season. She has 13 in her career.
- Arenson ends the season with a team-high .309 batting average.
- Both Arenson and Sheffield end the season with 18 runs batted in.
- Arenson's 13 doubles is tied for third in the SSC
- Lynn ends the year with 32 complete games. The Fighting Knights are one of four teams in the SSC with over 30 complete games.
- Seniors Elizabeth Diaz and Sophia Devesa played in their final games wearing the Blue and White.
- Lynn returns 12 letterwinners, including eight starters, for 2020.
Lynn ends the year 16-36 overall. For more information check out LynnFightingKnights.com.