BOCA RATON, Fla. – The Lynn University women's basketball team took a business-like approach in defeating Barry University on Wednesday night, 54-51, to even the season series against the Sunshine State Conference foe. The Fighting Knights utilized a 18-0 run over a span of 7:41 minutes between quarter one and two and never looked back. The Bucs were able to cut the deficit to three, but a last second shot had no chance and Paola Vazquez Concepcion secured the game-winning rebound as the clock read all zeroes.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 54, Barry 51
Records: Lynn (10-10, 4-8 SSC), Barry (5-16, 3-10 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Barry leads the series, 29-21
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Vazquez Concepcion never disappoints when she hits the hardwood, and had another stellar performance, recording a game-high 22 points, to go along with six rebounds, three steals and an assist in 36 minutes of action.
- Marta Oledzka, who excelled in the last matchup between these two squads scoring 13 points, had another impactful performance, nearing a double-double with eight points to go along with a team-leading 10 rebounds.
- The rebounding margin, as it has been all season, proved to be a differential factor as the Blue and White were plus-five, 43-38.
- Despite the positive rebounding-margin for Lynn, Barry had their way with the home squad in the paint, outpacing them 34-16.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Vazquez Concepcion's 22 points is her seventh game with 20-plus points this season.
- Oledzka recorded double-digit rebounds for the second time this season, the previous being Nov. 11 against Auburn-Montgomery(13).
- Lynn continues to play better at home than on the road, and own a 7-3 record in the friendly confines of the de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center.
The Fighting Knights have a rare off weekend before hitting the road again, facing-off with SSC opponent Saint Leo on Wednesday, Feb. 8, at 5:30 pm.