Saint Leo, Fla. – A 10-2 run down the final stretch of the fourth quarter from Saint Leo on Wednesday night created a late double-digit deficit for the Lynn University women's basketball team. Paola Vazquez Concepcion did her best to keep her squad in the game, tallying 14 of her team-high 17 points in the fourth quarter, but the Lions came out with the 66-61 Sunshine State Conference victory.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Saint Leo 66, Lynn 61
Records: Saint Leo (7-14, 2-11 SSC), Lynn (10-11, 4-9 SSC)
Location: Bowman Center | Saint Leo, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 29-19
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
- Vazquez Concepcion, Lynn's leading scorer on the season, was unable to tickle the twine in the first half. The junior guard found her shot in the fourth quarter however, knocking down four triples in the final 10 minutes to finish with 17 points along with four assists.
- Freshman Janay Williams was strong inside, logging a 12-point, 12-rebound double-double off the bench while shooting 50-percent from the field.
- Brekia Henderson was efficient from the field (6-of-9) for 15 points. Mariah Penascino hauled in 10 rebounds while Shaunt'e Tucker and Jaylen Snipes also tallied four dimes.
- Saint Leo's Asia Royster, who scored back-to-back career-highs of 14 points in the previous two games, exploded for 28 points, nine boards, four steals, two blocks and an assist.
- Williams has three of the team's five double-doubles on the year, including one in each outing against the Lions this season.
- Lynn went 2-of-4 from the charity stripe, marking season-lows for both makes and attempts.
- With the loss, Lynn splits the regular-season series with Saint Leo. The Fighting Knights took the first matchup at home this season, 81-72.
- The Fighting Knights committed a season-high 22 personal fouls.
Lynn has its second to last regular-season home game this Saturday, Feb. 11 at 2 p.m. against Rollins.