Melbourne, Fla. – A flurry of lead changes over the final minutes of regulation led to overtime where Lynn University's women's basketball team fell 71-70 to Florida Tech on Wednesday night. Brekia Henderson turned in a career scoring performance with 21 points.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Florida Tech 71, Lynn 70 (OT)
Records: Florida Tech (11-12, 6-10 SSC), Lynn (10-13, 4-11 SSC)
Location: Clemente Center | Melbourne, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn trails 30-15 all-time (Lynn won last meeting 71-61 on Dec. 30, 2016)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Henderson was one of three scorers in double-digits, pacing the Blue & White with 21 points on 6-of-15 shooting from the field, including 3-of-6 from three-point range, and 6-for-6 at the line.
- Both Marta Oledzka and Janay Williams came close to double-doubles as the senior center collected nine points on 3-of-4 shooting with eight rebounds and the freshman forward logged nine points and nine boards, seven of which came on the offensive end.
- Vazquez scored seven points in the first half and added eight more in the second half to finish with 15 points while adding a team-high four steals.
- Shaunt'e Tucker was also a perfect 6-of-6 from the charity stripe and 2-of-3 from the floor to end with 10 points and six rebounds.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn's 87% shooting at the free-throw line was a season-best.
- Henderson's previous career-high in scoring was 20 against Saint Leo this season.
- The Fighting Knights played in their first overtime contest of the year.
- Lynn's 70 points was the most since an 80-72 victory over Saint Leo on Jan. 11.
- Vazquez logged her second consecutive game of four steals.
- Vazquez has scored in double-figures in 20 of the team's 23 games.
Lynn is back on the hardwood Saturday, Feb. 18, at 5:30 p.m. when it travels to Lakeland, Fla., to battle Florida Southern. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.