Lakeland, Fla. – The Lynn University women's basketball team went on the road and went step-for-step with the Florida Southern Mocs, but fell 60-51 on Saturday night. Janay Williams led the way with 16 points in just 16 minutes of game time on the hardwood.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Florida Southern 60, Lynn 51
Records: Lynn (10-14, 4-12 SSC), Florida Southern (18-7, 13-3 SSC)
Location: Jenkins Field House | Lakeland, Fla.
All-time Series: Florida Southern leads 29-14
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Williams led the Blue and White with 16 points in 16 minutes, but she was more than just a scorer. The freshman grabbed seven boards and was an efficient 8-of-10 from the field.
- The visiting squad did what they do best, and outrebounded their foe, 40-38. Shaunt'e Tucker and Brekia Henderson led them with eight boards a piece.
- Mariah Penascino and Tucker led the team in minutes played, with 32.
- Paola Vazquez Concepcion had a quiet night from the floor, scoring just nine points.
- Turnovers were a key stat in tonight's matchup, as the Fighting Knights lost possession 19 times, compared to just 10 for the Mocs.
- Jaylen Snipes dished out a team-leading four assists, staying consistent with what she has done all season.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This was the fifth game that Williams scored in double figures. She has done so in two of the past three contests.
- The Blue and White are played eight ladies on the court in tonight's game.
- Vazquez Concepcion's last game to score in single digits was Jan. 5, when the Fighting Knights played host to Eckerd. The junior transfer recorded just five points that day.
Lynn returns home after a brief road trip and awaits Nova Southeastern on Wednesday, Nov. 22. Tipoff set for 5:30 pm.