Florence, Ala. – The Lynn University women's basketball team came up short on opening night, falling to the University of Alabama in Huntsville by a final score of 69-46 in a neutral-site matchup at the University of North Alabama.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Alabama Huntsville 69, Lynn 46
Records: Lynn 0-1, Alabama Huntsville 1-0
Location: Flowers Hall | Florence, Alabama
All-Time Series: First meeting
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Lynn struggled from the floor, shooting just 27.7 percent. Alabama Huntsville, meanwhile, poured shots in at a 42.9 percent clip.
- Jaylen Snipes and Juju Uloma led Lynn with 14 points apiece, while Uloma grabbed a team-leading eight boards.
- Chandler Elder led all scorers in the contest, netting 17 points for the Chargers.
- The Fighting Knights collected more offensive rebounds in the contest, but Alabama Huntsville dominated the defensive glass.
- Lynn won the battle of bench points, as Blue and White reserves totaled 28 points in the contest to the Chargers' 17 bench points.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Four Fighting Knights made their debut on Friday night, as Uloma, Barbora Zilkova, Sydney Fields and Kelsi Fizer saw action for Lynn.
- The Blue and White have now dropped eight straight games dating back to the middle of last season.
- Alabama Huntsville used two double-digit point runs to pull away early in the first half, taking a substantial lead into the halftime break.
The Fighting Knights get right back into action at noon on Saturday when they face North Alabama to end the season-opening road trip.