BOCA RATON, Fla. – The Lynn University women's basketball team erased an early 19-point deficit to take a one-point lead in the third quarter, but nationally-ranked Rollins bounced back to take a lead it wouldn't relinquish as the Tars were victorious, 65-57, in Sunshine State Conference action on Saturday afternoon.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: No. 17 Rollins 65, Lynn 57
Records: Rollins 3-0 (2-0 SSC), Lynn 0-4 (0-2 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Florida
All-Time Series: Rollins leads, 38-6 (Met twice in 2016-17)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Juju Uloma once again led the Blue and White offense, dropping 14 points on 5-of-11 shooting with six rebounds.
- Kelsi Fizer registered the first double-double of the season for Lynn, scoring 13 points on 4-of-8 shooting and pulling down 10 rebounds in the process.
- Barbora Zilkova and Paola Vazquez Concepcion each totaled eight points and a pair of three-pointers in the contest in more than 30 minutes of action each.
- Rollins's Jaylyn Harrison led all scorers with 16 points in the contest, while Carly McLendon pulled down 12 rebounds for the Tars.
- Lynn shot better than 85 percent from the free throw line for the second consecutive game, making 13 of its 15 attempts from the charity stripe.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn was the first team this season to hold Rollins to less than 90 points in a single game.
- The Fighting Knight defense limited Rollins to its lowest shooting percentage of the season at 36.9 percent.
- Lynn tied the game at 39-39 midway through the third quarter after ripping off a 19-0 run starting with 3:37 remaining in the second quarter.
Lynn continues its early-season home stand on Monday night when it hosts Keiser at 5:30 p.m. at the de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center.