BOCA RATON, Fla. – The Lynn University women's basketball team picked up its first win of the season on Monday night, downing Keiser by a final score of 86-54 at the de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center. Paola Vazquez Concepcion recorded a career-best 33 points and nine steals while pulling in six rebounds and adding six assists.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 86, Keiser 54
Records: Lynn 1-4, Keiser 4-4
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Florida
All-Time Series: Lynn leads, 3-1 (Last met in 2012)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Vazquez Concepcion topped her previous career-high total of 29 points, set earlier this season against the University of North Alabama.
- Juju Uloma reached double-digit points for the third-straight game, dropping 11 points and grabbing four rebounds.
- Mariah Penascino racked up a career-high 11 assists, adding six points and four rebounds in the process.
- Lynn shot a season-best 53.0 percent from the floor, including 46.7 percent from three-point land.
- The Fighting Knights eclipsed the 80 percent mark from the free throw line for the third straight game after failing to reach it through the first two games of the season.
- Lynn had 16 steals as a team on 26 total Keiser turnovers, while the Blue and White turned it over just 15 times.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Vazquez Concepcion became the first player to score 33 or more points in a game for Lynn since 2003, and is just the seventh player to score 30-plus points for the Fighting Knights since the turn of the century.
- Each of the eight players that saw action for Lynn scored at least six points and made two or more field goals.
- The Fighting Knights controlled the paint, outscoring Keiser 48-18 down low.
- Lynn racked up 31 points off Seahawk turnovers and potted 18 points on the fast break.
- The Blue and White led wire-to-wire, scoring 26 seconds into the game and leading until the final horn.
Lynn wraps up a four-game home stand on Saturday against St. Thomas. Tip-off is slated for 2 p.m.