Melbourne, Fla. – It was too little, too late, as the Lynn University women's basketball team had its two-game winning streak snapped at the hands of Florida Tech on Wednesday night as the Fighting Knights fell by a final score of 79-73 at the Clemente Center in a Sunshine State Conference matchup. Lynn closed the game on a 13-6 run, but the Panthers were able to hold off the charge until the final horn sounded.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Florida Tech 79, Lynn 73
Location: Clemente Center | Melbourne, Fla.
Series History: Florida Tech leads, 31-15 (Met twice in 2016-17 season)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Paola Vazquez Concepcion struggled from the floor early, but wound up shooting 3-of-5 from the floor down the stretch and made an impact at the free throw line, shooting a perfect 8-for-8 to total a game-high 17 points.
- Juju Uloma continued her hot start to the season, shooting 4-of-8 from the floor for 13 points. The rookie led the way on the glass, pulling in five rebounds for the Blue and White.
- Jaylen Snipes and Mariah Penascino each tallied 11 points on the night as the duo split time at the point.
- Kelsi Fizer scored in double digits for the third time in her last four games, tallying 10 points in the loss.
- Florida Tech won the battle on the boards, pulling in 42 rebounds to Lynn's 27.
- The Panther bench outscored Lynn's bench by a wide margin, as the Florida Tech reserves poured in 49 points in the contest.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- Four of the five players in the starting lineup for Lynn scored double-digit points.
- Lynn hasn't won at Florida Tech since the 2013-14 season.
- The home team has won each of the last three matchups in this head-to-head battle.
- Lynn outscored Florida Tech 41-32 to close the gap in the second half after trailing by 15 at the break.
Lynn hits the hardwood once again on Saturday afternoon when it travels to Tampa for another SSC matchup. Tip-off is slated for 2 p.m.