Tampa, Fla. – The Lynn University women's basketball team held a lead midway through the second quarter on Saturday afternoon, but Tampa's offense was too much to hold off for four quarters as the Spartans defeated the Fighting Knights by a final score of 77-59 in a Sunshine State Conference matchup at the Bob Martinez Athletic Center.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP
Final: Tampa 77, Lynn 59
Records: Tampa 7-1 (3-0 SSC), Lynn 2-6 (0-4 SSC)
Series History: Tampa leads, 40-9 (Met twice in 2016-17)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME
- Paola Vazquez Concepcion led Lynn with 19 points to make it four-straight games with 17 or more points. She shot 58.3 percent (7-for-12) from the floor and was a perfect 4-for-4 at the free throw line.
- Mariah Penascino also hit the double-digit point plateau with 11 points on 4-of-7 shooting in 23 minutes.
- Juju Uloma had six points and four rebounds in 12 minutes off the bench, and Mahogany Hall chipped in with eight points in 17 minutes of action.
- Tampa shot 52.7 percent as a team, while Lynn made shots at a 40.7 percent clip.
- Lynn won the turnover battle in the game, 11-9, but Tampa won the battle on the boards by a 36-29 margin.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Lynn has now dropped back-to-back games after winning two straight games a week ago.
- The Fighting Knights fall to 0-4 in SSC play for the first time since the 2015-16 season.
- Lynn has yet to win on the road this season, falling to 0-4 in contests away from the de Hoernle Center. The Blue and White finished the 2016-17 with a mark of 1-12 in road contests.
The Fighting Knights hit the road once again on Thursday to take on Florida A&M in an exhibition matchup in Tallahassee.