Tallahassee, Fla. – The Lynn University women's basketball team hit the road on Thursday evening for an exhibition matchup at Florida A&M University, but the Fighting Knights came up short as the Rattlers were victorious by a final score of 74-37 at the Lawson Center.
STATS OF THE GAME
- Meagan Shanahan led Lynn with 10 points off the bench, adding five rebounds and a steal in the process. The sophomore center was a season-best 5-for-8 from the floor.
- Jaylen Snipes scored seven points off the bench, while Paola Vazquez Concepcion added six points apiece.
- Kelsi Fizer and Mariah Penascino each had six rebounds to lead the Fighting Knights, while Juju Uloma added five boards and Vazquez Concepcion had four.
- FAMU's Florence Outtara led all scorers with 25 points in the game, with teammates Dawn King and Shalaunda Burney-Robinson reached double-digit point totals as well.
- The Rattlers won the battle of the boards 49-39 in the contest, and won the turnover battle by a 30-19 margin.
- The Blue and White's bench had 24 of the team's 37 points, holding a 24-13 edge in bench points over FAMU.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- FAMU is the second NCAA Division I opponent that Lynn has faced in an exhibition this season following the South Florida Showdown matchup against Florida Atlantic University.
- The Fighting Knights never led in the contest, as Florida A&M broke a 2-2 tie just 1:28 into the game and led the rest of the way.
The Fighting Knights are back in action against NCAA Division II opponents on Sunday when they travel to Georgia to take on Valdosta St. Tip-off is slated for 2 p.m.