BOCA RATON, Fla. – Five players scored double-digit points for the Lynn University women's basketball team on Wednesday night as the Fighting Knights picked up their fourth-straight win, 72-52, over Embry-Riddle in a Sunshine State Conference matchup. Paola Vazquez Concepcion led all scorers with 16 points on 8-of-14 shooting.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 72, Embry-Riddle 52
Records: Lynn 6-7 (2-4 SSC), Embry-Riddle 9-4 (3-3 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Embry-Riddle leads, 3-2 (Lynn has won each of last two meetings)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Vazquez continued her stellar senior season, pouring in 16 points, grabbing six rebounds and registering four steals.
- Barbora Zilkova was red-hot from deep, shooting 4-of-5 from three-point land for a total of 12 points.
- Jaylen Snipes chipped in with 11 points and five assists, shooting an efficient 5-of-8 from the field.
- Janay Williams and Juju Uloma each tallied 10 points in the win, Williams shooting a perfect 5-of-5 from the field and Uloma going 4-for-9 from the floor.
- Mariah Penascino added a balanced attack on both sides of the ball with four points, eight rebounds and seven assists.
- The Blue and White dominated the boards en route to victory, grabbing 41 rebounds to Embry-Riddle's 27—including a 16-10 edge on the offensive glass.
- Lynn shot 55.6 percent from three-point range as a team, its second-best mark of the season after shooting better than 60 percent at North Alabama in November.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Sydney Fields returned to the court for Lynn after missing each of the last four games. She contributed a block, a steal and a rebound in limited action off the bench.
- The four-game winning streak is the longest for the Fighting Knights under head coach Julia Huddleston.
- The Blue and White's defense was strong once again, holding its opponent to less than 55 points for the fourth consecutive outing.
- Lynn shot its highest percentage from the floor—49.2 percent—since shooting 51.9 percent against Saint Leo in January 2017.
- The win is Huddleston's 20th at Lynn.
The Fighting Knights return to action on Saturday at Florida Southern for a Sunshine State Conference battle with the Mocs. Tip-off is slated for 5:30 p.m. at the Jenkins Fieldhouse.