West Palm Beach, Fla. – A 31-point fourth quarter for host Palm Beach Atlantic was the deal breaker on Saturday afternoon as the Lynn University women's basketball team saw its lead slip away down the stretch in a 70-61 setback to the Sailfish. Jaylen Snipes had a career performance for the Blue and White, totaling 21 points behind five three-pointers.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: PBA 70, Lynn 61
Records: PBA (3-12, 2-7 SSC), Lynn (7-9, 3-6 SSC)
Location: Rubin Arena | West Palm Beach, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 17-11
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Snipes was dialed in from the jump, executing on both ends of the floor in a team-high 36 minutes of action. She finished with career-highs in points (21) and three-pointers (5-of-8) to go along with six rebounds, two steals and a team-best six assists.
- Paola Vazquez Concepcion knocked down two triples on the day, totaling 10 points, seven boards and two steals.
- Juju Uloma provided a solid inside presence off the bench as she led her squad in rebounding with eight and swatted one of Lynn's two blocks in the game.
- Mariah Penascino logged six points, seven rebounds and four assists in 32 minutes on the court.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn had won five of its last six games coming into today's contest.
- The Fighting Knights dominated the second quarter, outscoring PBA 24-12 while shooting 56.3-percent from the field.
- Snipes matched her season-high in the assist column. She has also now scored in double figures in four straight games and in seven of the last eight.
- The Sailfish closed out the game on a 24-5 run.
- There was a massive difference in free-throw attempts as PBA went 19-of-33 at the line with Lynn going 4-of-6. Lynn's six attempts at the charity stripe are the lowest since a 2-of-4 outing at Saint Leo on Feb. 8, 2017.
Lynn remains on the road for the start of next week, heading south to Barry on Wednesday, Jan. 17, for a 5:30 p.m. clash with the Bucs.