BOCA RATON, Fla. – The Lynn University women's basketball team was once again plagued by first-half troubles, as they dropped a Sunshine State Conference battle with Florida Southern by a final score of 76-59.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Florida Southern 76, Lynn 59
Records: Lynn (11-14, 7-11 SSC), Florida Southern (21-3, 16-2 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Florida Southern leads, 31-14 (Mocs have won nine straight matchups)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Paola Vazquez Concepcion led the Fighting Knights' offense, shooting 8-of-15 from the floor for 19 total points. She added three rebounds and a pair of steals on the defensive side of the ball.
- Jaylen Snipes totaled 13 points in the loss, though she shot just 6-of-17 from the field. She had two assists and two rebounds in addition to her double-digit point total.
- Kelsi Fizer had her first double-digit scoring game in more than a month as the rookie dropped 10 points and pulled in five rebounds.
- Mariah Penascino grabbed a team-best six boards in the loss, adding six points and four assists as well.
- The Mocs' Camille Giardina had a game-high 20 points, shooting 8-of-10 from the free throw line despite going 0-for-4 from three-point land. Teammate Anja Fuchs-Robetin added a double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds.
- Florida Southern outshot Lynn 45.3 percent to 40.0 percent from the field, though the Fighting Knights held a 33.3 percent to 15.4 percent edge in three-point shooting.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- Lynn had a nine-game home winning streak snapped. It was the team's first loss at the de Hoernle Center since November.
- The Fighting Knights trailed by 26 points at the half, tied for their largest halftime deficit of the season.
- Lynn has now lost four straight home games to the Mocs, and haven't defeated them since 2014.
- Each of the Fighting Knights' two worst free throw shooting games of the season have come against Florida Southern.
Lynn plays game two of a three-game home stand to end the season as it hosts Saint Leo on Saturday. Tip-off is slated for 2 p.m.