BOCA RATON, Fla. – The Lynn University women's basketball team dropped its third straight game on Saturday afternoon, falling to Saint Leo by a final score of 58-45 in a Sunshine State Conference battle at the de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center. Three Fighting Knights reached double figures scoring, but it wasn't enough as the Lions held Lynn to just 28.3 percent shooting as a team.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Saint Leo 58, Lynn 45
Records: Lynn (11-15, 7-12 SSC), Saint Leo (12-14, 7-11 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads, 30-20 (Teams split 2017-18 series)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Paola Vazquez Concepcion and Juju Uloma tied for a team-high 11 points. Uloma neared a double-double with eight rebounds, while Vazquez Concepcion added six rebounds and three steals.
- Mariah Penascino led the team in rebounding, pulling down nine boards while adding six points and five assists.
- Jaylen Snipes totaled 10 points though she struggled from the floor, shooting just 2-for-14 from the field. The sophomore added three assists and a pair of steals.
- Lynn had 11 steals as a team, winning the turnover battle 20-18. Saint Leo took the battle on the glass by a slim, 40-37 margin.
- Nikira Hooks led the Lions with 17 points on 5-of-7 shooting with three triples. She added seven rebounds and three steals defensively.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- Lynn's 45 points was its lowest offensive output of the season and was just the second time the team has been held to less than 50 points in a game.
- The 28.3 mark from the floor was the lowest mark in a home game this season, and the second-lowest mark of the season. The team was just 18-for-65 (27.7 percent) in the season opener against Alabama-Huntsville.
- Saint Leo's bench outscored the Lynn bench 28-16.
- This is the third straight season that the two teams have split the head-to-head series.
The Fighting Knights wrap up the regular season on Wednesday when they host Barry at the de Hoernle Center for an SSC matchup. Tip-off is slated for 5:30 p.m. with Lynn's seniors being honored prior to the contest.