BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's women's basketball team had its final tune-up before its regular season opener and had mixed-results in a 74-61 loss to Florida Atlantic University. Jaylen Snipes led the Fighting Knights in scoring and Dani Lozzi just missed out on a double-double.
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Snipes was one of two members of the Blue and White to score in double-figures. The junior guard tallied 13 points on 3-of-19 shooting but was 6-for-6 from the free-throw line with five assists.
- Kelsi Fizer was also perfect from the charity stripe (6-of-6) and chipped in 10 points off the bench with eight rebounds and two steals.
- Newcomer Dani Lozzi scored nine points on 3-of-5 shooting and recorded a game-high 14 rebounds (five offensive, nine defensive) and six steals.
- Meagn Shanahan grabbed six offensive boards en route to 10 total with seven points.
- Freshman Loie Webb drained two 3-pointers and scored seven points in total.
- FAU had five players score in double-figures.
- Jamaria Williams scored a game-high 18 points on 6-of-11 shooting.
- Juliette Gautheir recorded the lone double-double on the evening with 13 points and 13 rebounds.
- Lynn shot 26.8% from the field, including 33.3% from downtown but was 81.8% from the line.
- FAU was a 41.9% on the hardwood, including 45.8% beyond the arc and 64.7% at the line.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn was outscored 26-4 in the first quarter but outscored FAU 57 to 48 the remainder of the game.
- The Fighting Knights lost 79-67 to the Owls last year.
- Snipes had five assists against FAU last season.
Lynn opens its season Friday, Nov. 9, at 5:30 p.m. when it hosts Johnson & Wales (Fla.). Fans can watch the action live on the Lynn Sports Network.