BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's women's basketball team received big performances from its starting bigs on Friday night as the Fighting Knights battled through a sloppy first half to outlast Florida National University, 59-55. Sydney Fields posted a career-high 16 points while Kelsi Fizer notched her third career double-double.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 59, Florida National 55
Records: Lynn (3-0), Florida National (5-8)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: First-ever meeting
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Fields did most of her damage in the third quarter, finishing with a game-high-tying 16 points on 8-of-15 shooting. She just missed out on a double-double with a career-best nine rebounds and filled out the stat sheet with four assists, two steals and two blocks.
- Fizer secured her first double-double on the young season and the third of her Lynn career, recording 15 points and a career-high 12 rebounds. She tacked on three helpers and three steals.
- Point guard Jaylen Snipes rounded out Lynn's trios of double-digit scorers, logging 10 points, two assists and two blocks.
- Christina Potts hit a pair of three's for nine points and six boards.
- Louie Webb added five points and a game-high-tying four assists off the bench.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- FNU has played 10 more games than Lynn so far this season.
- 11 players saw at least five minutes of action for the Conquistadors.
- Fields shot 5-of-7 from the field in the third quarter, recording 10 points in nine minutes of action.
- Fields scored in double figures for the second straight game after not reaching the mark at all last season.
- Snipes had multiple blocks in a game for the second time in her career.
- Fizer is off to a hot start in her sophomore campaign, scoring eight or more points in all three games so far this year. Last year, she scored 8+ in seven of 26 games.
Lynn remains home for a midweek and midday contest against Valdosta St. on Tuesday, Nov. 20 at 2 p.m.