Winter Park, Fla. - Lynn University's women's basketball team left the ranks of the unbeaten following a 70-41 loss to Rollins on Saturday afternoon. Jaylen Snipes led the Fighting Knights in scoring with 11 points.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Rollins 70, Lynn 41
Records: Rollins (4-3, 2-0 SSC), Lynn (5-1, 1-1 SSC)
Location: Warden Arena | Winter Park, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails 40-6 all-time (Lost both meetings in 2017-18)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Lynn was held to just 33.3% shooting from the field while the Tars hit 45.6% of their attempts and were 87.5% from the free-throw line.
- Snipes was the only member of her team to score in double-digits, scoring 11 points on 4-of-10 shooting, including 3-for-4 at the line.
- Kevyn McKae was second with seven points off the bench while Sydney Fields and Kelsi Fizer each added six points apiece.
- Rollins' Carly McLendon scored a game-high 22 points on 10-of-11 shooting with 10 rebounds.
- Juju Uloma and Janay Williams tied with a team-high five rebounds.
- The two teams combined for 43 turnovers.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Rollins knocked-off two unbeaten SSC teams this week, defeating previously undefeated Embry-Riddle on Wednesday before topping Lynn tonight.
- Lynn last defeated Rollins in Winter Park in 2013.
- This marks the first game Lynn had not recorded at least 38 rebounds in a game (23).
Lynn returns to action on Wednesday, Dec. 12, when it hosts Webber International at 5:30 p.m. in an exhibition game. The Fighting Knights next regular season matchup takes play on Tuesday, Dec. 18, against Shaw at 11 a.m.