BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's women's basketball team knocked-down a season-high 10 three-pointers, including four in the final quarter, to knock off Shaw 74-47 on Tuesday afternoon. Three Fighting Knights scored in double-figures led by Christina Potts' 13 points.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 74, Shaw 47
Records: Lynn (6-1), Shaw (2-6)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn trails 2-4 (won 59-55 in 2017)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Lynn shot a solid 49.7% from the field and 41.7% from beyond the arc while holding the Bears to 34.6% shooting overall. Shaw was 0-for-12 from downtown.
- Potts was 5-of-11 from the field with three, three-pointers and four rebounds.
- Kelsi Fizer collected a double-double with 10 points (5-of-8 shooting) and 10 rebounds. She also added a game-high five assists.
- Jaylen Snipes put in 12 points on 4-of-7 shooting with a pair of three-pointers and four assists.
- Kevyn McKae chipped in six points off the bench along with Sydney Fields' eight points and four assists.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Potts' 13 points is a season-high
- Lynn's 27-point victory is a season-high and the largest-margin since beating Keiser by 32 points (86-54) on Nov. 20, 2017.
- The Fighting Knights went into the half leading by just six points and outscored Shaw 42-21 in the second half.
- Fizer logged her second double-double of the year.
- The Fighting Knights 10 three-pointers is also the eighth-most in program history for a single game.
- Shaw won the first four games of the series between the two teams, but Lynn has won the last two meetings.
- 6-1 is the best start for the Blue and White since they started 7-0 in 2009-10.
Lynn hosts Johnson C. Smith on Wednesday, Dec. 19, at 2 p.m. Fans can watch the game live at LynnFightingKnights.com.