BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University women's basketball team continued their non-conference success in the final game of the Lynn Holiday Classic by defeating Johnson C. Smith University 71-54. Christina Potts scored a career and game-high 20 points as one of three players in double-figures.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 71, JCSU 54
Records: Lynn (7-1), JCSU (2-8)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails 2-1 all-time
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- The Fighting Knights started the game on a 10-0 run and outscored the Golden Bulls 22-8 in the first period.
- Potts was 6-for-10 from the field and was a perfect 4-for-4 from behind the arc. She added five boards, a block, a steal and an assist.
- Jaylen Snipes scored 15 points on 4-for-11 shooting and added a game-high seven helpers.
- Sydney Fields shot 50% from the field and was a perfect 4-for-4 from the charity stripe for 12 points.
- Kelsi Fizer and Juju Uloma both had three steals in the game while Fizer added a game-high nine boards.
- Dani Lozzi went 3-for-3 at the free-throw line in her seven-point, six-rebound effort.
- Lynn went 18-for-21 from the free-throw line (85.7%), JCSU shot 62.5% from the stripe.
- Both teams had 16 fouls and 30 rebounds.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Snipes has scored in double-figures in seven out of Lynn's eight games this season.
- Snipes and Potts totaled 35 of the 71 points for the Blue and White.
- Lynn's 85.7% free-throw shooting marks the best on the season for the squad. It marks the best percentage for the team since they shot 86.7% vs. Rollins on Nov. 18, 2017.
- This is the first time this season the Fighting Knights had less than 10 offensive boards.
- Lynn has shot over 40% from beyond the arc in consecutive games for the first time since Feb. 1 & 8 2017.
- Potts set a career-high in points (20) and three-pointers made (4).
- Snipes had seven or more dimes for the second time this season. She only reached seven assists once last year.
- The Fighting Knights are 7-1 for the first time since they went 7-1 in the 2009-10 season. They finished 19-11 that year.
- This is the first time the Blue and White have scored 70+ points in back-to-back victories since the end of November last season.
- This is the third meeting between the two teams and Lynn's first victory.
Lynn is back in action on Dec. 29, when they travel to Eckerd to continue their Sunshine State Conference schedule. Fans can watch the action live on LynnFightingKnights.com.