LAKELAND, Fla. – The Lynn University women's basketball team saw its impressive five-game win streak come to an end on Saturday evening, falling to Sunshine State Conference (SSC)-foe Florida Southern 91-59 on the road. Loie Webb racked up 14 points, a season-high for the freshman from Logan, Australia.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Fla. Southern 91, Lynn 59
Records: Lynn (9-2, 3-2 SSC), FSC (12-1, 5-0 SSC)
Location: Jenkins Fieldhouse | Lakeland, Fla.
All-Time Series: Fla. Southern leads 32-14 (FSC has won 10 straight)
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Webb poured in a team-high 14 points, scoring 11 in the final quarter with two triples. Webb went 3-for-5 from beyond the arc added a 5-for-6 effort from the charity stripe.
- Juju Uloma delivered a well-rounded performance in 17 minutes off the bench, putting in nine points and collecting three rebounds and two assists.
- Christina Potts led the Lynn starting unit with 10 points on 4-of-7 shooting from the field and adding four rebounds.
- Kelsi Fizer tallied six points and grabbed a team-high seven boards, five on the offensive end.
- The Fighting Knights committed 21 turnovers, of which Florida Southern scored 22 points off those miscues.
- The Mocs of FSC shot a blistering 53.7% overall, going 11-for-20 from deep and 8-for-9 from the line.
- Lynn shot 37.5% from the field, 40% from distance and 66.7% at the free-throw line.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynn bench scored 35 of the team's 59 points, accounting for 59.3% of the scoring output.
- 10 different Fighting Knights scored in the contest making it two straight games that Lynn has had double-digit point scorers.
- Falling by 32, this marks the largest margin of defeat for Lynn in 2018-19 and its largest overall since a 36-point loss to Florida A&M on Dec. 7, 2017.
- Lynn surrendered over 70 points for the first time this season and for the first time in 14 games dating back to last season when FSC scored 76 points on Mar. 14, 2018.
- The loss snaps a win streak of five-straight for the Fighting Knights, their longest since 2009-10.
The Fighting Knights will have another road SSC contest in their next competition, traveling to Daytona Beach for a tilt with Embry-Riddle on Wednesday, Jan. 9 at 5:30 p.m.