DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Propelled by five double-digit scorers and excellent defense, Lynn University's women's basketball team won its sixth game in its last seven tries, 87-66, at Embry-Riddle on Wednesday evening. Loie Webb, Kelsi Fizer, Janay Williams, Dani Lozzi and Jaylen Snipes each scored 10+ points in Lynn's 10th win of the season.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 87, Embry-Riddle 66
Records: Lynn (10-2, 4-2 SSC), ERAU (9-5, 4-3 SSC)
Location: ICI Center | Daytona Beach, Fla.
All-Time Series: Embry-Riddle leads 5-2
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Webb notched her second season-high in as many games, leading the offensive outburst with 16 points on 6-of-9 shooting, knocking down two triples in 37 minutes of action.
- Lozzi racked up a double-double, her first of the season, scoring 14 points on 6-of-7 shooting from the charity stripe and adding 11 boards.
- Fizer came close to matching Lozzi, finishing with 15 points and nine rebounds in 29 minutes.
- Williams poured in 14 points, a season-high, and grabbed seven rebounds, four on the offensive end.
- Christina Potts added nine points off the bench in 21 minutes, going 4-of-7 from the field.
- The Fighting Knights matched a season-low with 13 turnovers and held the Eagles to just 37 percent shooting, including 5-for-32 from distance.
- Lynn shot 56.6% from the field, 41.7% from distance and 71.0% at the free-throw line.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn's 87 points are its most this season and the most since scoring 85 versus Palm Beach Atlantic on Feb. 7, 2018.
- Nine different Fighting Knights scored in the contest making it four straight games that Lynn has had 9+ point scorers.
- Winning their sixth game in seven chances, the Blue and White their best seven-game run since winning their first seven to begin the 2009 campaign.
The Fighting Knights will be back at home in their next contest, hosting Florida Tech on Saturday, January 12 at 2 p.m. inside the de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center.