BOCA RATON, Fla. – Using a 22-8 run in the final ten minutes, the Lynn University women's basketball team maintained its unblemished home record on Saturday afternoon, defeating Florida Tech 60-56. Loie Webb and Christina Potts knocked down a combined seven triples to pace the offensive effort, scoring 15 and 14 points, respectively.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 60, Florida Tech 56
Records: Lynn (11-2, 5-2 SSC), FIT (5-10, 1-6 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: FIT leads 31-16
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Webb continues to shine in her debut season in Blue and White, leading Lynn in scoring for the third-straight contest, finishing with 15 points on 3-of-5 shooting from deep.
- Potts showed her marksmanship as well from beyond the arc, pouring in 14 points and matching a career-high with four triples.
- Kelsi Fizer completed the Lynn trio in double-figures, racking up 10 points and seven rebounds, three on the offensive end.
- Despite shooting just 38.3 percent from the field, the Fighting Knights were excellent from distance, going 10-for-20 from three.
- FIT shot 40.0 percent for the game, but shot just 25.0 from deep, making 3-of-12 attempts.
- The Panther bench scored 43 of the team's 56 points, paced by 22 points from November Morton.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Florida Tech outscored the Blue and White a combined 31-18 in the second and third quarters before Lynn made its fourth-quarter push.
- Lynn has yet to lose a game at home this season, improving its record to 9-0.
- Five different Fighting Knights made at least one three-pointer in the contest.
- The 11-2 start for the Blue and White is the best since the 2007-08 season when Lynn started 14-2.
Lynn continues its conference slate at Nova Southeastern on Wednesday, Jan. 16 for a 5:30 p.m. tip in Fort Lauderdale.