Davie, Fla.– Lynn Unniversity's women's basketball team saw its two-game winning streak come to an end on Wednesday evening, falling to a hot-shooting Nova Southeastern squad 100-57. Christina Potts led the Fighting Knights in scoring, finishing with 16 points on 7-of-10 shooting from the floor.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Nova Southeastern 100, Lynn 57
Records: Lynn (11-3, 5-3 SSC), NSU (9-7, 5-4 SSC)
Location: Rick Case Arena | Davie, Fla.
All-Time Series: NSU now leads 24-14
Get Social:Twitter - @Lynn_Knights| Instagram - @Lynn_Knights| Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Potts was the lone bright spot for Lynn offensively, making two three-pointers to fuel her 16-point output in 21 minutes of action.
- Kelsi Fizer added eight points and a team-high seven rebounds in support.
- Kevyn McKae delivered a spark off the bench, scoring eight points in 20 minutes.
- The Sharks of NSU shot a blistering 55.1 percent from the field, going 10-for-25 from beyond the arc.
- Lynn shot just 39.3 percent in the game, including 3-of-13 from deep and 66.7 percent from the charity stripe.
- Nova outrebounded the Fighting Knights 42-31 and committed just six turnovers compared to Lynn's 14.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- NSU scored 34 points in the second quarter, building a 21-point halftime advantage.
- Nine Fighting Knights scored in the game and all 12 healthy, rostered players played at least one minute.
- Loie Webb made one three-pointer, her fifth-straight game with at least one made triple and 10th overall.
- Lynn's 100 points surrendered are the most for the Fighting Knights since allowing 106 points at Clayton State on Nov. 19, 2010.
- The 11-3 start for the Blue and White is its best since the 2007-08 season when Lynn started 14-2.
Lynn continues its conference slate on Saturday, Jan. 19, taking on Tampa for its second-straight road SSC contest.