Tampa, Fla. – Down just one point at halftime in a pivotal road matchup in the Sunshine State Conference (SSC), Lynn University's women's basketball team was unable to keep up with host-Tampa in the final two quarters, falling by a final score of 63-43. Kelsi Fizer and Jaylen Snipes were the lone Lynn players in double-figures, scoring 11 and 10 points, respectively.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Tampa 63, Lynn 43
Records: Lynn (11-4, 5-4 SSC), UTampa (12-5, 6-3 SSC)
Location: Martinez Center | Tampa, Fla.
All-Time Series: Tampa leads 41-9
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Fizer went 5-of-12 from the field, adding a free throw for her 11-point outing.
- Snipes played a game-high 39 minutes, grabbing five rebounds to add her 10 points.
- Kevyn McKae was the Blue and White's leading bench scorer, finishing with eight points on 2-of-4 shooting from beyond the arc.
- Meagan Shanahan also played significant time off the bench, notching five points, six rebounds and three assists in 20 minutes of action.
- Lynn shot 28.1% from the field, 25.0% from distance and 54.5% at the free-throw line.
- The Spartans shot 38.9 percent for the game, but made 8-of-14 3-PT attempts and went 13-for-14 from the charity stripe.
- The Fighting Knights committed 17 turnovers compared to Tampa's 11, but did win the rebounding battle 40-36.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Tampa outscored Lynn 34-17 in the second half, holding the Fighting Knights to just 15 second-half points.
- Loie Webb made one three-pointer, her sixth-straight game with at least one made triple and 11th overall.
- Lynn has now lost two-straight for the first time this season sits at 2-4 in true road games, of which all four losses have come in SSC play.
- The Fighting Knights have now completed their road slate against the conference's top-six teams, playing at Rollins, Eckerd, Fla. Southern, Embry-Riddle, Nova Southeastern and Tampa thus far in 2018-19.
The Fighting Knights will be back at home in their next game, where they are a perfect 9-0 this season, hosting Barry on Wednesday, Jan. 23 at 5:30 p.m.