Boca Raton, Fla. – Lynn University's women's basketball team found itself on the right side of the extra period this time around, avenging their overtime loss to Barry with a 71-70 victory in double overtime over Rollins on Saturday afternoon. The win snapped a three-game losing streak for the Fighting Knights and is their first over the Tars since 2013.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 71, Rollins 70 (2OT)
Records: Lynn (12-5, 6-5 SSC), Rollins (9-8, 6-5 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center| Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Rollins leads 39-7
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Christina Potts knocked down two triples on her way to a team-high 14 points, going 6-for-12 from the field.
- Jaylen Snipes made 4-of-4 free-throw attempts, notching 13 points.
- Dani Lozzi had a team-high four assists for a Blue and White squad which assisted on 11 of its 25 baskets.
- Sydney Fields racked up a double-double, scoring 10 points and ripping down 11 boards.
- Janay Williams posted her second consecutive game with double-digits numbers on the glass, notching 10 rebounds and adding seven points.
- Rollins shot just 30.7 percent for the game against a stingy Lynn defense, including 6-for-18 from deep and 10-for-17 from the charity stripe.
- The Tars, the SSC's leading offensive rebounding team, had 14 tallies on the offensive glass, scoring 22 second-chance points.
- Lynn shot just 34.7 percent, but made 15-of-20 attempts from the free-throw line.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- After jumping out to a 24-8 first quarter lead, Rollins outscored Lynn in each of the final three quarters of regulation to force overtime.
- The Blue and White defeated Rollins for the first time since Jan. 19, 2013.
- The Fighting Knights improve to 10-1 at home.
- Lynn's 12 wins are the most for the program since 2012-13.
- Loie Webb made two three-pointers, her eighth-straight game with at least one made triple and 13th overall.
The Blue and White take to the road for their next competition, traveling to Palm Beach Atlantic for a matchup with the Sailfish on Wednesday, Jan. 30 at 5:30 p.m.