West Palm Beach, Fla. – Lynn University's women's basketball team was plagued by a cold-shooting night and an outstanding individual performance from Palm Beach Atlantic's Jonika Garvin, falling to PBA on the road 67-45 on Wednesday evening. Kevyn McKae, Loie Webb and Kelsi Fizer led the Fighting Knights with eight points each, accounting for all four of Lynn's three-point makes and over half of the team's overall points.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: PBA 67, Lynn 45
Records: Lynn (13-6, 6-6 SSC), PBA (3-15, 1-11 SSC)
Location: Rubin Arena | West Palm Beach, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 17-12
STATS OF THE GAME:
- McKae found herself in the starting lineup for the third consecutive game and made 2-of-6 3-PTs in 16 minutes of action.
- Webb continues to embrace her role as a spark plug off the pine, making two triples on 3-of-9 shooting from the field.
- Fizer tallied eight points, but went just 3-for-12 in 28 minutes, adding nine boards, five on the offensive end.
- Janay Williams ripped down a team-high 13 boards, eight offensive, for her third consecutive double-digit rebounding effort.
- Lynn shot 24.6% from the field, 18.2% from distance and 42.9% at the free-throw line.
- Garvin did it all for PBA, racking up game-highs of 28 points and 19 rebounds.
- The Fighting Knights committed 16 turnovers compared to the Sailfish's 11, but did win the rebounding battle 47-45.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- After Lynn took the first quarter 13-10, PBA gained the lead at the 7:56 mark in the second quarter and outscored the Fighting Knights 52-31 the rest of the way.
- PBA earned its first conference victory in its defeat of the Blue and White, snapping an eight-game overall losing streak.
- Webb made two three-pointers, her ninth-straight game with at least one made triple and 14th overall.
- Lynn has now lost four straight at PBA with its last victory coming on Jan. 14, 2015.
- A young Lynn squad falls to 2-5 in true road games this season.
The Fighting Knights will be back at home in their next game, where they are 10-1 this season, hosting Eckerd on Saturday, Feb. 2 at 2:00 p.m.