Boca Raton, Fla. – Lynn University's women's basketball team couldn't find its home-court magic on Saturday afternoon, falling to the Eckerd University Tritons 71-56 in Sunshine State Conference (SSC) play. Christina Potts led the Fighting Knights in scoring, posting 14 points off the bench.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Eckerd 71, Lynn 56
Records: Lynn (12-7, 6-7 SSC), Eckerd (14-6, 9-4 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center| Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 27-20
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Potts knocked down two triples on her way to a team-high 14 points, going 6-for-11 from the field.
- Janay Williams racked up her second double-double of the season with 11 points and 11 boards, which was also her fourth-consecutive game with double-digit rebounds.
- Jaylen Snipes finished with 13 points, but went just 5-for-17 in 30 minutes of action.
- Uloma Enyogasi poured in eight points on 3-of-7 shooting, making both of her attempts from the charity stripe.
- Lynn shot 37.3 percent for the game, going 4-of-14 from deep and 8-for-13 from the free-throw line.
- Eckerd made just two more field goals than the Fighting Knights, but made the most of their attempts, knocking down nine triples and going 14-of-15 from the free-throw line.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Down just two at the half, the Blue and White were outscored 42-29 in the second half.
- Loie Webb made one three-pointer, her tenth-straight game with at least one made triple and 15th overall.
- Despite the loss, Lynn is still 10-2 at home.
- The Blue and White split the regular-season series with Eckerd, defeating the Tritons 61-59 on Dec. 29, 2018.
Lynn travels to Saint Leo for its next competition, facing off with the Lions on Wednesday, Feb. 6 at 5:30 p.m.