Saint Leo, Fla. – Lynn University's women's basketball team secured a big win on the road, limiting the Saint Leo Lions to 32.0 percent shooting on its way to a gritty 55-49 win in Sunshine State Conference (SSC) play. Christina Potts dropped a career-high 21 points to lead the Fighting Knights, going 6-for-9 from the field.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 55, Saint Leo 49
Records: Lynn (13-7, 7-7 SSC), St. Leo (9-13, 4-10 SSC)
Location: Marion Bowman Activities Center | Saint Leo, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 32-20
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Potts was excellent for head coach Julia Huddleston off the pine, playing 31 minutes and knocking down two triples and seven free throws on her way to 21 points.
- Loie Webb, in her second collegiate start, shined for the Blue and White, scoring 10 points on 4-of-9 shooting from the floor, making two three-pointers.
- Uloma Enyogasi delivered a solid game in the paint, racking up nine points and seven rebounds, adding three assists and two steals.
- Dani Lozzi made huge impact as well, without scoring a single point, ripping down five boards and posting two assists and three steals defensively.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn completes the regular season sweep of Saint Leo for the first time since the 2011-12 campaign.
- Webb, with two made 3-PTs, extends her consecutive games with a made triple streak to eleven, which is also her 16th game this season with at least one three-pointer made.
- The Blue and White held the Lions scoreless from the 4:52 mark in the second quarter to the 8:43 mark in the third, a span of six minutes and nine seconds.
- This is the first time that Lynn has tabbed this group of five starters in 2018-19.
- Lynn's 13 wins are its most since winning 18 during the 2012-13 season.
The Fighting Knights will enjoy a bye on Saturday, Feb. 9 before welcoming Embry-Riddle, Florida Southern and Nova Southeastern for a three-game home stand on Feb. 13, 16 and 20, respectively.