BOCA RATON, Fla. – A furious 36-18 run to close the game nearly brought Lynn University's women's basketball team a comeback victory against Embry-Riddle Aeronautics University on Wednesday night, but it fell in the final moments, 74-71. Kelsi Fizer led the scoring effort for the Fighting Knights with 16 points on 6-of-9 shooting.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: ERAU 74, Lynn 71
Records: Lynn (13-8, 7-8 SSC), Embry-Riddle (15-8, 10-6 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center| Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn trails 5-3
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Fizer was excellent for head coach Julia Huddleston in a team-high 37 minutes of action, adding five rebounds, one block and two steals to her 16-point output.
- Uloma Enyogasi joined Fizer to comprise a formidable duo on the front line, scoring 11 points and grabbing nine boards.
- Sydney Fields made her presence felt on the inside from the reserve unit, notching 10 points, two assists, one block and one steal.
- Christina Potts scored in double-figures for the fourth consecutive game, pouring in 10 points to go along with six rebounds and three assists.
- Lynn shot 45.6 percent from the field compared to the Eagles' 38.8 percent, but Embry-Riddle made 11-of-29 three-pointers while the Blue and White went 2-for-10 from deep.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn came all the way back, trailing by 17 with 6:59 left in the third, to take a one-point lead with 1:09 remaining.
- The Blue and White outscored ERAU 40-29 in the second half and held a 46-20 advantage in paint points in the game.
- Loie Webb made one three-pointer, her 12th-straight game with at least one made triple and 17th overall.
- Despite the loss, Lynn is still 10-3 at home.
- The Blue and White split the regular-season series with Embry-Riddle, defeating the Eagles 87-66 in a road tilt on Jan. 9, 2019.
Lynn continues its three-game home-stand, hosting first-place Florida Southern in its next game on Saturday, Feb. 16 at 2 p.m.