Boca Raton, Fla. – Lynn University's women's basketball team put up a good fight against 12th-ranked, first-place Florida Southern University, but ultimately fell at home on Saturday afternoon to the Moccasins, 68-54. Christina Potts led the scoring for the Blue and White, putting in 15 points on 5-of-8 shooting.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: No. 12 FSC 68, Lynn 54
Records: Lynn (13-9, 7-9 SSC), Florida Southern (21-3, 14-2 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center| Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Florida Southern leads 33-14
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Potts scored in double-figures for the fifth consecutive game, pouring in 15 points, making two threes, to go along with one assist and one steal.
- Kelsi Fizer joined Potts as the second Fighting Knight double-digit scorer, pouring in 12 points on 8-for-8 shooting from the free-throw line and adding seven rebounds.
- Dani Lozzi ripped down a team-high nine boards, delivering a well-rounded effort with six points, three assists, one block and two steals.
- Lynn shot 35.8 percent from the field, making 5-of-13 3-PT attempts while the Mocs shot 47.1 percent for the game and 6-for-18 from deep.
- Lynn was outrebounded 36-24 in the game and both teams had 14 turnovers.
- Camille Giardina and Anja Fuchs-Robetin combined for 36 of Florida Southern's 68 total points.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Loie Webb made one three-pointer, her 13th-straight game with at least one made triple and 18th overall.
- Both sides shot a combined 25-for-28 from the free-throw line.
- Despite the loss, Lynn is still 10-4 at home.
- The Blue and White were swept by Florida Southern this season, falling by scores of 91-59 and 68-54, respectively.
Lynn closes out its three-game home stand on Wednesday, Feb. 20, hosting Nova Southeastern for a 5:30 p.m. tip in Boca Raton.