Boca Raton, Fla. – Lynn University's women's basketball team was downed by the visiting Sharks of Nova Southeastern University on Wednesday evening at home, falling 83-61. Kelsi Fizer and Uloma Enyogasi led the way for the Fighting Knights, scoring 16 points each to pace the offensive effort.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: NSU 83, Lynn 61
Records: Lynn (13-10, 7-10 SSC), NSU (16-9, 12-6 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Nova Southeastern leads 25-15
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Enyogasi did most of her damage at the free-throw line, going 6-for-7 from the charity stripe in 29 minutes off the bench, adding five rebounds.
- Fizer joined her Blue and White teammate in being effective at the line, posting a 6-for-8 night and going 5-for-9 from the field.
- Dani Lozzi delivered a well-rounded effort for the Fighting Knights, scoring nine points and stuffing the stat sheet four rebounds, two blocks and three steals.
- NSU shot 37 percent from the three-point line, going 10-for-27 from distance compared to just 3-for-12 for the Blue and White.
- The Fighting Knights committed 19 turnovers and had 11 assists while NSU racked up 23 assists and eight turnovers.
- Lynn outrebounded the Sharks 39-33, grabbing a total of 16 offensive rebounds.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Loie Webb didn't record a three-point make in the game, snapping a streak of 13 straight games with at least one made triple.
- Lynn fell to NSU in both matchups this season, falling by scores of 100-57 and 83-61, respectively.
The Blue and White travel to Florida Tech for their next competition on Saturday, Feb. 23 at 2 p.m. in Melbourne.