Melbourne, Fla. – Lynn University's women's basketball team needed a big road win to get itself back on track and delivered that on Saturday afternoon, defeating Florida Tech 50-49 in Sunshine State Conference (SSC) play. Freshman marksman Loie Webb poured in a team-high 18 points on 5-of-7 shooting from deep.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 50, FIT 49
Records: Lynn (14-10, 8-10 SSC), Florida Tech (8-18, 4-14 SSC)
Location: Clemente Center | Melbourne, Fla.
All-Time Series:Florida Tech leads 31-18 (Lynn goes 2-0 in '18-19)
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Webb, a first-year hailing from down-under (Logan, Australia), showed her prowess from downtown against the Panthers with a season-high five triples to pace the Blue and White attack.
- Uloma Enyogasi chipped in with 13 points off the bench, grabbing a team-high six boards to go along with four assists and two steals.
- Christina Potts struggled from the field, going just 4-for-12, but made up for it on the defensive end, nabbing a team-high five steals.
- Lynn limited Florida Tech to just 32.7 percent shooting from the field, forcing 18 Panther turnovers.
- In crunch time, the Blue and White outscored the Panthers 11-6 in the fourth quarter.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This is the Fighting Knights' first season sweep of Florida Tech since the 2013-14 campaign.
- This victory seals an SSC Playoff berth for Lynn, its first since 2013-14.
- Eight wins in conference play are the most for Lynn since 2012-13 when it advanced to the NCAA tournament.
- Lynn's 14 wins are its most since 2012-13.
- Webb's 42.2 percent shooting from distance in SSC play ranks second in the conference.
- The win for Julia Huddleston's bunch snaps a three-game losing streak and is Lynn's second-straight SSC road win.
Back in the win column, the Fighting Knights turn their attention to a road matchup at Barry in Miami Gardens, Fla. on Wednesday, Feb. 27 at 5:30 p.m.