BOCA RATON, Fla. – Mahogany Hall made sure her Senior Day would be one for the books on Saturday afternoon, leading the Fighting Knights to a win over the University of Tampa in their final regular season home game. Hall scored a career-high nine points in a season-high 24 minutes of action.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 53, Tampa 45
Records: Lynn (16-10, 10-10 SSC), Tampa (21-7, 15-5 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center| Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Tampa leads 41-11 (Lynn splits season series 1-1)
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Hall went 4-for-8 from the field, including one three-point make, adding five rebounds and one assist to put a proper bow on her career at the de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center.
- Christina Potts, Uloma Enyogasi and Sydney Fields each scored eight points in what was a very well-rounded offensive effort.
- Janay Williams dominated the glass with 10 boards, nine offensive, adding seven points, two assists, one steal and one blocks.
- Lynn shot 47.1 percent from deep, its second-best three-point shooting effort of the season.
- The Blue and White had several second-chance opportunities due to their 15 offensive rebounds compared to Tampa's seven.
- After scoring 51 first-half points, both teams combined for just 37 points in the second half.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Not a single Fighting Knight scored in double-figures in the victory.
- Loie Webb went 2-for-3 from deep, her 22nd game this season with at least one three-point make.
- This is the second straight home win over Tampa for head coach Julia Huddleston
- 16 overall wins and 10 wins in conference play are the most for the Blue and White since 2012-13.
- The victory secures the six-spot for Lynn in the upcoming SSC Women's Basketball Tournament and they will face a first-round road tilt with three-seed Eckerd on Wednesday, March 6.
Lynn travels to Eckerd for the opening round of the SSC Tournament next Wednesday, March 6, tip-off from Saint Petersburg will be at 5:30 p.m.