SAINT PETERSBURG, Fla. – Lynn University's women's basketball team was defeated by the Eckerd College Tritons on the road in the opening round of the Sunshine State Conference Women's Basketball Championship on Wednesday evening, 76-55.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Eckerd 76, Lynn 55
Records: No. 6 Lynn (16-11, 10-10 SSC), No. 3 Eckerd (21-8, 14-6 SSC)
Location: McArthur Center | St. Petersburg, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 26-21 (Split regular season series)
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Christina Potts led the Fighting Knight scoring effort with 13 points, knocking down two triples and adding two steals.
- Kelsi Fizer joined Potts in double-digits with 12 points, grabbing five boards, going 5-for-9 from the field.
- Dani Lozzi delivered a well-rounded effort for the Blue and White, chipping in eight points, three assists and two steals.
- A 27-12 effort from the Tritons in the second quarter was too much for the Fighting Knights to overcome as they trailed by 21 points at the half.
- Lynn matched Eckerd in scoring in the second half as each team poured in 32 points.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This was the first SSC Championship appearance for the Fighting Knights since 2016-17.
- 16 overall wins and 10 wins in conference play are the most for Lynn since 2012-13.
- Eckerd gets revenge on the Blue and White after falling to head coach Julia Huddleston's bunch earlier this season (Dec. 29).
- This was the final game for senior Mahogany Hall, a four-year member of the Fighting Knights, a true team player who epitomizes what the Lynn Women's Basketball program is all about.
The 2018-19 campaign concludes for the Fighting Knights, who will return 97 percent of their scoring next season.