Boca Raton, Fla. – Lynn University's women's basketball team downed a tough Central State (OH) University Marauder squad on Friday afternoon, notching an 80-71 victory in its lid-lifter to the 2019-20 campaign.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 80, Central State 71
Records: Lynn (1-0), Central St. (0-1)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: First meeting between the two teams
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Loie Webb knocked down 5-of-6 attempts from beyond the arc to lead the Lynn scoring effort, pouring in 15 points.
- Dani Lozzi facilitated the Blue and White attack to the tune of four assists, also picking up three steals on the defensive end.
- Sarah Baer and Uloma Enyogasi also scored in double-figures, totaling 13 points each.
- Enyogasi and Sydney Fields both racked up a team-high seven rebounds.
- CSU struggled at the free throw line, going just 4-for-16, while Lynn was able to knock down 16 free throws on 26 attempts.
- Anchored by Webb, the Fighting Knight bench scored 33 points compared to Central State's 9.
Lynn hosts Benedict College at noon tomorrow, Nov. 9, to complete its opening weekend of competition.